The Sunshine Dress

This year I am playing along with Project Run and Play...after years of being inspired by the designs I thought it was time to give it a whirl myself!

Week 1 - Pattern Remix Challenge using the Party Dress from Lindsay at the Cottage Home

I was excited when this came up as a challenge as I have been meaning to make this dress for a while!

In creating my version I was determined to keep the silhouette shape of the dress and the button enclosure at the back:



I was also inspired by The Dandelion Hearted Dress from Modcloth that I got for Christmas!



I started by decorating the bodice with lace and a strip of fabric:




I added a tear shaped Peter Pan collar that tapered at the back of the dress:


To finish off I sewed lace to the hem and two rows of ribbon to the bottom of the dress:

 

I love the final dress and Amelie has named it her 'Sunshine Dress'









PS I think I like it better than my dress...I might have to super-size it!



The fabric is a light mustard homespun!



I love the button enclosure at the back too...so simple to sew and great look!


I had to get one cheesy mother-daughter shot in our Sunshine Dresses...but I solemnly swear this is the last time we will wear them together!

Check out all the other entries HERE and join in too!

Stay tuned for Week 2!

Comments

  1. The dress is absolutely charming and your daughter will never forget that you took the time to make her a dress 'just like mommy's'. She is a lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely! Such a bright, sunny dress is sure to put a smile on anyone's face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mommy and daughter dresses are never cheesy! They R adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I especially like the detail on the front :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bright sunshine dress! The lace details are so pretty. I also love mommy and me look, you two look so cute. I shamelessly dress alike with my daughter all the time too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is ADORABLE! Wow, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeeeek! This is so totally adorable.......I love the mommy and me. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the lace, so pretty! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the yellow! Such a great contrast with the white details! Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww - mommy and me!!!! I actually LOVE the dress on you, and who wouldn't love it on your little girl - bright sunshine yellow, I'm so jealous of people who can wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why not wear them together? I think you look adorable - maybe just style them differently. Love your interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. I like Mom and daughter dresses.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mama and daughter dresses should definitely be embraced for as long as the tiny daughters will allow it! Both dresses are lovely - perfect to brighten even the gloomiest day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, I love this dress! It's so cheery. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice!! I love the beautiful, sunny yellow!

    Stopping by from Sew Many Ways!
    Nonny
    www.notionsfromnonny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your dresses made me random start singing "You are my sunshine." You really rocked that challange. I however, did not rock the song. Thank you for adding a ray of sunshine to my day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable! Love the color! http://olga-kidapproved.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. love your spin on it, it looks great. glad you shared this at my link party excited to see what you have to share this week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts